Capsule CRM is an online CRM system which enables you to keep track of people, companies, and organizations you deal with. With Capsule you can keep track of communications, opportunities in your pipeline, and keep on top of what needs to be done when.
- Send Documents, Mail Merge, View Contacts
Alive Docs Explorer gives you quick access to all your Capsule CRM Contacts and enables you to quickly send them documents like letters, brochures, etc using the Alive Docs Mail Merge facility.
Now you can quickly send your customers personalized documents like newsletters, invitations, promotions, thank you letters, order confirmations, overdue notices, etc using your own custom documents.
A record is kept of all messages and documents that have been sent to each contact, so you can keep track of who was sent what and when.
In the future you will also be able to view other information from your Capsule CRM account and other services in documents and spreadsheets in Alive Docs – giving you a fast view in to seeing the information you want in the format you want quickly.
For more information on Capsule CRM visit Capsule CRM
- Usage and Setup
Sending documents to your Capsule CRM Contacts is as easy as selecting Capsule in the tool bar of the Contacts panel in Alive Docs.
This will show you a list of your Capsule contacts from which you can then select the contacts you wish to send to and press Send which will take you to the Send Panel. The Send panel can also be reached by pressing Send / Mail Merge when viewing a document, or simply pressing Send in the Tools portlet.
In the Send panel you can add and remove recipients, and add the attached document(s) you want to send, and when ready press Send.
Note: Alive Docs is initially set up to connect to a demo Capsule CRM account. To setup Alive Docs to access your Capsule CRM account, follow these steps:
- Login to your Capsule account and go to the ‘More’ menu at the top right of the screen and select ‘My Settings’.
- Towards the right of the screen click on ‘API Authentication Token’.
- A long id of numbers and letters is shown – this is your API Authentication Token.
- Make a copy of your API Authentication Token – e.g. select it and press Ctrl-C.
- Login to Alive Docs and click on Settings in the User Panel (the User Panel is the area at the bottom left).
- In the Settings panel select the Services tab, and click on ‘Setup’ in the row for Capsule.
- Enter / Paste your API Authentication Token (from Step 4) in the field marked Auth Token.
- Enter / Paste your Capsule Url in the field marked Capsule Url (your Capsule Url is the url / address you use to login to Capsule – e.g. https://xxxx.capsulecrm.com where xxxx is your Capsule user name).
- Press Save.
- Select Contacts from Tools (in Alive Docs), and then select Capsule in the toolbar.
- Everything should now be setup to use Alive Docs with Capsule.